The Firestick and Fire TV are the most common streaming devices used widely across so many countries. If you have purchased the Firestick, then you need to install the necessary apps for streaming your favorite content. Some of the official apps that the Firestick should have as Netflix, Amazon Prime, Silk Browser, Spotify, Firefox, etc. But, you need to subscribe to the above-said apps for watching your favorite content. Surprisingly, you can also watch your favorite movies, TV Shows, Sports and other things for free using Kodi. Since kodi is a third party app, you need to sideload kodi on firestick. This article explains how to sideload kodi on firestick. There are various methods to sideload Kodi on Firestick are as follows.
How to install Kodi on Firestick?
Method 1: How to install Kodi on Firestick using ES File Explorer App
The ES File Explorer is one of the popular tools which you can use on your android mobile. You can also get this tool from the Amazon App Store. It has a huge number of downloads in Firestick. It is also a multi-utility tool. One such tool is the downloader. Now, let us see the step by step process for how to download the Kodi apk and install it on your Firestick device using ES File Explorer.
- First, you need to go to the search tab and enter ES File Explorer and select it.
- Next, you can select the ES File Explorer icon under the APPS & GAMES.
- Now, you have to click on the Get to download and install the app.
- After completing the installation process, you have to click on Open.
- Here you can find various tools.
- Now, you can use your remote to move to the Tools menu in the left column and then select Download Manager.
- Now, you can navigate and click on New option.
- Now, you need to enter the Path and source name. Finally, click OK.
- Here you can enter the following URL “http://bit.ly/fireapkdl” and then select Next.
- Now, you need to give some name. Here, I have entered kodi.
- Next, you can click on “Download Now” button.
- You have to wait few seconds while it completes the download process. Once done, you can select Open file option.
- Finally, you can click on Install option to complete the process.
These are the necessary steps to install Kodi on Firestick using ES File Explorer.
Method 2: How to install Kodi on Firestick using Android Mobile Via Apps2Fire
- On your Android device open Play Store and search for Apps2Fire.
- Install Apps2fire on your smart phone.
- The next step is to connect the app to the Firestick. To do so, select the Setup tab and enter the IP address of your Fire TV. Make sure that your android device and Firestick are connected to the same Wi-Fi Network.
- Next on your android device select Local Apps and choose Kodi.
- Then click on the install option. Now, it will upload the Kodi apk file to your Firestick and install it over there.
- Once done, you can use Kodi on Firestick.
These are the ways to install Kodi on Firestick using the android phone with the help of Apps2fire.